CHILDREN’S BILL OF RIGHTS PLEASE:
- Respect my belongings and personal space;
- Look at me and talk to me in a way I can understand;
- Knock on my door before entering and please introduce yourself;
- Be honest with me…always;
- Offer me a choice whenever possible;
- Communicate with my family…if they feel less anxious it will help me a lot;
- Tell me what you are going to do…before you do it;
- Please try to make time for play – it’s an important part of my day;
- Always use a respectful tone of voice
- Tell me “it won’t hurt” if it will…or “don’t cry” or “you shouldn’t feel that way”;
- Forget to listen when I have something to say.
- To respect me by letting me show my feelings—they are a part of me and I need to be allowed to express them;
- To let me know that you care.